Each child entering Prestige Convent is placed in a House and is gradually introduced to the ethos of the institution. Each house has a House prefects to whom he/she may turn for assistance at any time. All students from class II and above are placed in four houses and all activities academic, co-curricular and intramural is based on Inter-House competitions The house system was devised to promote team spirit and a sense of belonging to the school. Also, this enables the senior students of the school to more systematically provide care and help to their junior schoolmates. The House System provides excellent opportunities for student leadership and peer group support, aided by dedicated staff members, and house captains. It is a remarkable medium for enabling students of different ages to bond together and operate as a cohesive family. The House system helps support and co-ordinate the corporate life of the school and develops the athletic side of school life along with the purely scholastic aspect, and thereby attains the goal of a liberal education, namely “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. The House system provides students with support and encouragement during their academic and co-curricular activities Through the daily contact time of morning roll call and a 30-minute House Assembly per fortnight, House staff is able to monitor their student’s progress and cultivate positive relationships. Academic follow-up is considered a high priority, and thereby much attention is given to individual students concerning study support and guidance. The system provides an exciting division of the mass of pupils into units wherein each pupil has a rightful place and in which he takes pride. Houses are a common and successful way of building a superb school community and spirit. The houses compete in different sporting, cultural, and academic competitions, and provide an excellent way of meeting people outside one’s own class and age group, all of whom have a common goal and purpose To have regular smooth functioning of co-curricular activities and to provide an impetus to the competitive spirit, the student of classes I - XII are divided into four houses namely:
Each house has one house warden and one co - incharge. A house warden is the main head. House co-incharge will monitor all activities of the house in the absence of the house warden. We have some house tutors also who strive to make the students excel in the activities. One house co-coordinator has been appointed to take care of inter house activities and maintain healthy co-ordination at all times.
|Student Council : Session 2020-21|
|HEAD GIRL||ITI AGGARWAL||XII B||SARAYU SUNIL||V A|
|HEAD BOY||ARHAM GUPTA||XII B||NAMAN DEVRALIA||V B|
|VICE HEAD GIRL||TRISHIKA||XI-A||NISHTHA VERMA||V A|
|VICE HEAD BOY||ESHANAYA UPADHAYAY||XI-A||BALARK GUPTA||V B|
|PRINCIPAL'S PREFECTS||PARUL BHATT / KUNAL UPRETI||XII-A / XII-B||AAROHI AGRAWAL||V B|
|BEST ARTIST||ANAKHA UNNIKRISHNAN||XII-A||RAKSHITA||III B|
|UNIFORM PREFECT (BOY)||AKSHAT JAIN||X-A||NISHKAM PURI||III B|
|UNIFORM PREFECT (GIRL)||RASHI JAIN||XII-B||OLIVIA SUR||III A|
|LITERARY HEAD||DARSHIKA GUPTA||IVA|
|CULTURAL HEAD||ANUBHOOTI SHARMA||X-A||KINISHKA DHINGRA||III B|
|DISCIPLINE HEAD||JASMINE BENIWAL||XII B||NAITIK VASHISHT||V B|
|SPORTS CAPTAIN||GAUTAM KATHURIA||XII-B||DEEPANSHI AHUJA||V B|
|DHAIRYA HOUSE||KARAM HOUSE||SHAURYA HOUSE||VIVEK HOUSE|
|HOUSE CAPTAIN||ABHISHEK KUMAR||XII-A||SAKSHI DOGRA||XII C||VALUKA SONI||XII A||KARMANDEEP SINGH||XI-B|
|MEHAK PODDAR||IV B||AMOGH SHARMA||IV A||MISHEKA REHANI||IV B||AARADHYA AGARWAL||IV A|
|VICE CAPTAIN||ANGELA MAMTANI||XI-C||BHOOMIKA KAPOOR||XI-A||DRISHTI KAPOOR||XI-B||TAMANNA BANSAL||XI-C|
|JALAJ||III A||AAYUSH DHAWAN||IV B||RHYTHM JASWAL||IV A||DIGISHA SAINI||IV B|
|PREFECTS||ISHITA SINGHAL||VIII-B||DEVANK UPDHAYAY||VI-A||SHUBHIKA||IX-B||PALAK BANSAL||VIII -B|
|ANUSHKA TYAGI||IX-A||UMANG GROVER||IX-B||TUSHAR KHATRI||X-B||ANGEL SINGH||VIII-B|
|KANIKA||III B||AARAV GOYAL||III B||SHONAYA MALHOTRA||III A||KESHAV||III A|
Duties of House Warden
A house warden and a house tutor have a very important role to play in the overall development of student’s personality. Each member of the house must work towards the individual’s growth and development of social and emotional skills of the students of their house.
- Maintain an attendance register for house students and take their attendance during very house meeting.
- A proper record of each activity must be mentioned. The house report should be submitted monthly on the 1st Monday. A duplicate copy must be maintained. This report should be comprehensive and recording the achievements of the house.
- Attendance and uniform should be a matter of pride. A regular check must be maintained.
- Volunteer duties must be assigned to the students. The house is responsible for ensuring that volunteer report regularly on time.
- Inter house and inter school competition and events are essential in providing the students an opportunity to identify and enhance their talents, and also help to build a team spirit. The house work as a team each to prepare students for various competitions and also organize the events by rotation. All tutors must also ensure that students learn how to be an ideal audience.
- Guidance and counseling of students under their charge.
- Organization of house functions to recognize and highlight the achievements of the house.
- Organization of regular meetings of the members of the house through meetings.
- Floor wise duties must also be assigned to the students and the teachers of the house on duty.
- House warden should also depute a teacher to make separate lines for late comers (one for those who use school bus and another for those who use self conveyance)
- A should be given in the diary of the students who reports late.