Promotion Policy Classes I to V:
In continuity with the new evaluation scheme of continuous comprehensive evaluations suggested by the CBSE and in order to provide a stress free environment to the students in the primary section of the school.
- Three cycles test will be conducted for classes I to V.
- The profile of the students will be reflected in a nine point scale. The absolute marks will be translated into grades in academic assessment.
- A minimum of ‘D’ grade will be required for promotion to next higher class.
|ATTITUDES & VALUES, ACTIVITIES AND Health &physical education
# GRADING ON A 3POINT SCALE A+, A, B+
|LIFE SKILLS ASSESSMENT
|# THE 5 POINT GRADING SCALE FOR LIFE SKILLS
|ASSESSMENT IS GIVEN BELOW :
|MOST INDICATORS IN A SKILL
|MANY INDICATORS IN ASKILL
|SOME INDICATORS IN SKILL
|FEW INDICATORS IN ASKILL
|VERY FEW INDICATORS IN A SKILL
Promotion Policy Classes VI to X
Promotion will be granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance of the student in the C.C.E. (Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation) which is a system of evaluation of student that covers all aspects of students development.
C.C.E is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic as well as co-scholastic areas.
- Scholastic areas include:- formative and summative assessment. Each term will have two formative and one summative assessment.
- Co-scholastic activities include:- literacy, aesthetic skills & performing skills and clubs. Health and physical education will also form an integral part of this assessment.
Co-Scholastic areas will be assessed on:-
- Life skills.
- Attitudes & values.
The above will be evaluated and graded.
The Session will be spread over 2 terms, one from April to September and second from October to March.
|Assessment will be both Formative and Summative assessment. The weightage is given below:
|Type of Assessment
|% age of weightage in academic session
|Terms wise weightage
|First Term (April-Sept)
|Formative Assessment 1+2=20%
|Formative Assessment -2
|Second Term (Oct-March)
|Formative Assessment 3+4=20%
Formative Assessment will be on the basis of weekly tests assignments, C.W., H.W., Practicals, projects, oral testing quiz, experiments and other activities in class. Summative assessment will be carried out at the end of term. This will be a term end exam i.e. first and second term exam.The grading scale will be on a nine point scale as per table given above.